With the holidays coming, there will soon be lots of opportunities for singing and enjoying music. If your Cub Scout has musical talent or just appreciates music, have him look at the Music pin from the Cub Scout Academics and Sports program.
If you are looking for songs for Cub Scouts, check out my songs page.
Music Pin Requirements
Earn the Music belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- Make a musical instrument and play it for your family, den, or pack.
- Teach your den a song.
- Play a song by yourself or in a group, in unison or in harmony.
- Create an original melody and/or original words for a song.
- Using a tape recorder, capture natural sounds of the environment or record songs you create, and use your recording as a soundtrack for a short skit or as background for a movement activity.
- Attend a live musical performance or concert.
- Demonstrate conducting patterns for two songs using two different meters (two-, three-, or four- beat meter) while your adult partner or den members sing or play the songs you have selected.
- Take voice or dance lessons or lessons to learn to play an instrument.
- Create movements to a piece of music without words to demonstrate the moods of the music: happy, sad, calm, excited, playful, inspired.
- Learn about a composer of some music that you enjoy. Tell your den