A lot of the Cub Scout requirements involve learning how to cook. Simple recipes are best. And remember there should always be somebody supervising Cub Scouts when they cook.
This is a very easy French toast recipe. French or Italian bread works well in this recipe, but plain white bread will do. Serve the French toast with syrup, butter, jam, or marmalade.
French Toast for Cub Scouts
- spatula for turning
- small bowl for mixing
- fork for mixing
- shallow bowl or dish
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 8 slices of bread
- butter or margarine
- Heat a griddle on the stove.
- Beat the eggs and milk together and pour into a shallow bowl.
- Put a piece of bread in the egg mixture to coat one side for about 2 seconds. Turn it over and soak the other side for about 2 seconds.
- Melt two tablespoons of butter on the griddle.
- Put two slices of bread on the griddle, flipping when it turns brown.
- Repeat with the other slices of bread, adding more butter if needed.