Popsicles are a great summer treat. And the ones from the store are very convenient, but sometimes it’s fun to make your own. Your kids can get pretty creative with the ingredients.
If you have your own popsicle molds, great! Otherwise it is still pretty easy to make your own frozen treats.
How to Make Homemade Popsicles
- Small Dixie Cups
- Aluminum foil
- Craft sticks (popsicle sticks!)
- Juice, kool-aid, or other popsicle ingredients
- Fill the Dixie cups about 2/3 full of ingredients.
- Cover the top of the cup with foil.
- Insert a craft stick through the center of the foil. The purpose of the foil is to hold the stick in place while the pop is freezing.
- Repeat until you have enough popsicles.
- Put the pops in the freezer overnight.
- Remove the pops from the freezer and pull off the Dixie cup. If it is stuck, run a little warm water over the outside of the cup and it will come right off.