In honor of Earth Day, here is an Earth themed snack. Basically these are rice krispie treats shaped like the earth.
You can make small “earths” or larger ones, but it seems to set better if you don’t make them too big.
- 2 large saucepans
- 2 spoons for stirring
- waxed paper
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 40 regular marshmallows
- 6 cups crispy rice cereals
- green and blue food coloring
- Wash your hands.
- Melt half of the margarine and marshmallows in one large saucepan and the other half in a second saucepan.
- Add green food coloring to the first saucepan. Stir in the cereal.
- Add blue food coloring to the second saucepan. Stir in the cereal
- Using some of each color, form “Earths” out of the cereal and place on waxed paper.
- Let set for about an hour (if you can resist).
- Enjoy eating the Earth!