Here’s an easy snack recipe for camp. This is a little messy to eat, so you might want to have some cleanup supplies on hand. Or you could eat them with a fork, but I think most kids are just going to eat the apples with their hands and not worry about the mess.
This would also make a good snack for a Cub Scout den meeting.
Campsite Honey Apples
2 Ziploc bags
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons cinnamon sugar (or brown sugar)
- Slice and core the apple
- Put the honey in one Ziploc bag
- Put the cinnamon sugar in the other Ziploc bag
- Put the apple slices in the honey bag and squish around so the apples are covered in honey
- Put the apple slices in the cinnamon sugar bag and shake.
- Remove apples from the bag and eat