Fix It is one of the Webelos/Arrow of Light elective adventures. In the current Webelos program it is most like the Handyman Activity Badge.
For the Fix It adventure, Webelos learn to do simple repairs and home maintenance.
The requirement for this adventure are shown below. Upon completion of this adventure, Webelos will receive a pin.
Webelos/AOL Adventure Requirements: Fix It
Do all of these:
- Put a Fix It Tool Box together. Describe what each item in your toolbox can be used for. Show how to safely use three of the tools.
- Be Ready. With the help of an adult in your family, do the following:
- Locate the electrical panel in your home. Determine if the electrical panel has fuses or breakers.
- Determine what sort of heat is used to heat your home.
- Learn what you would do to shut off the water for a sink, a toilet, a washing machine, or a water heater. If there is a main shut-off valve for your home, show where it is located.
- Describe to your Webelos den leader what you would do to fix or make safe the following circumstances:
- A toilet is overflowing.
- The kitchen sink is clogged.
- Some, but not all, of your lights go out.
- Let’s Fix It. Select and do eight of the following. You will need an adult’s supervision for each of these Fix It projects:
- Show how to change a light bulb in a lamp or fixture. Determine the type of bulb you are replacing. Learn how to properly dispose of a compact fluorescent bulb.
- Fix a squeaky door or cabinet hinge.
- Tighten a loose handle or knob on a cabinet or a piece of furniture.
- Demonstrate how to stop a toilet from running.
- Replace a furnace filter.
- Wash a car.
- Check the oil level and tire pressure in a car.
- Show how to replace a bulb in a taillight, turn signal, or parking light, or replace a headlight in a car.
- Help an adult change a flat tire on a car.
- Make a repair to a bicycle, such as tightening or replacing the chain, fixing a flat, adding a reflector, or adjusting the seat or handlebars.
- Replace the wheels on a skateboard, a scooter, or a pair of inline skates.
- Help an adult prepare and paint a room.
- Help an adult replace or repair a wall or floor tile.
- Help an adult install or repair a window or door lock.
- Help an adult fix a slow or clogged sink drain.
- Help an adult install or repair a mailbox.
- Change the battery in a smoke detector or a carbon monoxide detector, and test its operation.
- Help an adult fix a leaky faucet.
- Find wall studs, and help an adult hang a curtain rod or a picture.