For the Art Explosion adventure, Webelos learn about all types of art – drawing, painting, sculpture, origami, digital art, graphic design, photography, comics, and more.
The requirement for this adventure are shown below. Upon completion of this adventure, Webelos will receive a pin.
Webelos/AOL Adventure Requirements: Art Explosion
Do all of these:
- Visit an art museum, gallery, or exhibit. Discuss with an adult the art you saw. What did you like?
- Create two self-portraits using two different techniques, such as drawing, painting, printmaking, sculpture, and computer illustration.
- Do two of the following:
- Draw or paint an original picture outdoors, using the art materials of your choice.
- Use clay to sculpt a simple form.
- Create an object using clay that can be fired, baked in the oven, or air dried.
- Create a freestanding sculpture or mobile using wood, metal, papier-mâché, or found or recycled objects.
- Make a display of origami or kirigami projects.
- Use a computer illustration or painting program to create a work of art.
- Create an original logo or design. Transfer the design onto a T-shirt, hat, or other object.
- Using a camera or other electronic device, take at least 10 photos of your family, a pet, or scenery. Use photo-editing software to crop, lighten or darken, and change some of the photos.
- Create a comic strip with original characters. Include at least four panels to tell a story centered on one of the points of the Scout Law. Characters can be hand-drawn or computer-generated.
- Choose one of the following methods to show your artwork:
- Create a hard-copy or digital portfolio of your projects. Share it with your family and members of your den or pack.
- Display your artwork in a pack, school, or community art show.