Stronger, Faster, Higher is one of the Webelos CORE Adventure Requirements. In the current Webelos Cub Scout program, it is similar to the Athlete activity badge.
For this adventure, Webelos work to improve their physical fitness, play some games, and try a new sport.
The requirement for this adventure are shown below. Upon completion of this adventure, Webelos will receive a pin.
Webelos Adventure Requirements: Stronger, Faster, Higher
Do all of these:
- Understand and explain why you should warm up before exercising and cool down afterward. Demonstrate the proper way to warm up and cool down.
- Do these activities and record your results:
- 20-yard dash
- Vertical jump
- Lift a 5-pound weight
- Jump rope
- Make an exercise plan that includes at least three physical activities. Carry out your plan for 30 days, and write down your progress each week.
- With your den, prepare a fitness course or series of games that includes jumping, avoiding obstacles, weightlifting, and running. Time yourself going through the course, and improve your time over a two-week period.
- With adult guidance, lead younger Scouts in a fitness game or games as a gathering activity for a pack or den meeting.
- Try a new sport you have never tried before.