Grin and Bear It is one of the Bear CORE Adventure Requirements. In the current Bear Cub Scout program, it is similar to Bear Achievement 15 – Games, Games, Games! and Bear Elective 18 – Backyard Gym.
For this adventure, Bears play a game and hold a Cub Scout Carnival at a pack meeting.
The requirement for this adventure are shown below. Upon completion of this adventure, Bears will receive a belt loop.
Bear Adventure Requirements: Grin and Bear It
- Play a challenge game or initiative game with the members of your den. Take part in a reflection after the game.
- Working with the members of your den, organize a Cub Scout carnival and lead it at your pack meeting.
- Help younger Cub Scouts take part in one of the events at the Cub Scout carnival.
- After the Cub Scout carnival, discuss with the members of your den and your den leader what went well, what could be done better, and how everyone worked together to make the event a success.
- Make and present an award to one of the adults who helped you organize the activities at the Cub Scout carnival.