For this adventure, Wolves learn how to hike safely and under the guidelines of the Outdoor Code and LNT. Then they go on a hike.
The requirement for this adventure are shown below. Upon completion of this adventure, Wolves will receive a belt loop.
Wolf Adventure Requirements: Paws on the Path
- Show you are prepared to hike safely by putting together the Cub Scout Six Essentials to take along on your hike.
- Tell what the buddy system is and why we always use it in Cub Scouts.
- Describe what you should do if you get separated from your group while hiking.
- Choose the appropriate clothing to wear on your hike based on the expected weather.
- Before hiking, recite the Outdoor Code and the Leave No Trace Principles for Kids with your leader. After hiking, discuss how you showed respect for wildlife.
- Go on a 1-mile hike with your den or family. Watch and record two interesting things that you’ve never seen before.
- Name two birds, two bugs, and two animals that live in your area. Explain how you identified them.
- Draw a map of an area near where you live using common map symbols. Show which direction is north on your map.