Rolling Tigers is one of the Tiger elective adventures. In the current Tiger Cub program, it is most similar to Tiger Elective 37 – Take a Bicycle Ride, Tiger Elective 38 – Bicycle Repair and the Bicycling belt loop and pin .
For this adventure, Tiger Cubs and their adult partners learn about bicycle safety, equipment, and laws. They also go on a bike ride.
The requirement for this adventure are shown below. Upon completion of this adventure, Tiger Cubs will receive a belt loop.
Tiger Adventure Requirements: Rolling Tigers
- With your den or adult partner, discuss two different types of bicycles and their uses.
- With your den or adult partner, try on safety gear you should use while riding your bike. Show how to wear a bicycle helmet properly.
- With your den or adult partner, learn and demonstrate safety tips to follow when riding your bicycle.
- Learn and demonstrate proper hand signals.
- With your den or adult partner, do a safety check on your bicycle.
- With your den or family, go on a bicycle hike wearing your safety equipment. Follow the bicycling safety and traffic laws.
- Learn about a famous bicycle race or famous cyclist. Share what you learn with your den.
- Visit your local or state police department to learn about bicycle-riding laws.
- Identify two jobs that use bicycles.