Floats and Boats is one of the Tiger elective adventures. In the current Tiger Cub program, it is most similar to Tiger Elective 40 – Fun in the Water .
For this adventure, Tiger Cubs and their adult partners learn boats, swimming, and water safety.
The requirement for this adventure are shown below. Upon completion of this adventure, Tiger Cubs will receive a belt loop.
Tiger Adventure Requirements: Floats and Boats
- Identify five different types of boats.
- Build a boat from recycled materials, and float it on the water.
- With your den, say the SCOUT water safety chant.
- Play the buddy game with your den.
- Show that you can put on and fasten a life jacket the correct way.
- Show how to safely help someone who needs assistance in the water, without having to enter the water yourself.
- Show how to enter the water safely, blow your breath out under the water, and do a prone glide.