Tiger Bites is one of the Tiger CORE Adventure Requirements. In the current Tiger Cub program, it is most similar to Tiger Achievement 3 – Keeping Myself Healthy and Safe, Tiger Elective 24 – Help in the Kitchen, and Tiger Elective 25 – Snack Time.
For this adventure, Tiger Cubs and their adult partners learn about nutritious food choices, participate in mealtime chores, practice good manners and hygiene, and make a snack.
The requirement for this adventure are shown below. Upon completion of this adventure, Tiger Cubs will receive a belt loop.
Tiger Adventure Requirements: Tiger Bites
- Identify three good food choices and three foods that would not be good choices.
- Show that you know the difference between a fruit and a vegetable. Eat one of each.
- With your adult partner, pick a job to help your family at mealtime. Do it every day for one week.
- Show you can keep yourself and your personal area clean.
- Talk with your adult partner about what foods you can eat with your fingers. Practice your manners when eating them.
- With your adult partner, plan and make a good snack choice or other nutritious food to share with your den.