Building a Better World is one of the Arrow of Light CORE Adventure Requirements. In this adventure, Webelos learn all about citizenship including about the rights and duties of citizens, local government, improving our communities through conservation, and connecting with Scouts in different countries.
The requirement for this adventure are shown below. Upon completion of this adventure, Webelos will receive a pin.
Requirements for the Building a Better World Arrow of Light Adventure
- Explain the history of the United States flag. Show how to properly display the flag in public, and help lead a flag ceremony.
- Learn about and describe your rights and duties as a citizen, and explain what it means to be loyal to your country.
- Discuss in your Webelos den the term “rule of law,” and talk about how it applies to you in your everyday life.
- Meet with a government leader, and learn about his or her role in your community. Discuss with the leader an important issue facing your community.
- Learn about your family’s expenses, and help brainstorm ways to save money. Plan and manage a budget.
- Learn about energy use in your community and in other parts of our world.
- Identify one energy problem in your community, and find out what has caused it.
- With the assistance of your den leader or parent, participate in an event that would help lead others in recycling and conserving resources.
- Show that you are an active leader by planning an activity without your den leader’s help.
- Do one of these:
- Learn about Scouting in another part of the world. With the help of your parent or your den leader, pick one country where Scouting exists, and research its Scouting program.
- Set up an exhibit at a pack meeting to share information about the World Friendship Fund.
- Find a brother den in another country.
- Under the supervision of your parent, guardian, or den leader, connect with a Scout in another country during an event such as Jamboree on the Air or Jamboree on the Internet or by other means.