Here is what the program helps say about this theme:
Through Cub Scouting, we encourage families to be more physically fit and to enjoy the outdoors at the same time in their own backyards. By staging this month’s pack meeting outside, we encourage our Scouts to turn off the television, computer, and video game and help keep the “Outing” in “Scouting.”
So this theme is based on the idea improving fitness by getting outside. Below you’ll find some ways to form your pack and den programs around this theme which can be done in a backyard or school yard.
Cub Scout Themes - Backyard Fun (Health and Fitness)
Tiger Cub Scouts
- Tiger Achievement 5 – Lets Go Outdoors
- Tiger Elective 29 – Safety in the Sun
- Tiger Elective 35 – Fun Outdoors
Wolf Cub Scouts
Bear Cub Scouts
- Bear Achievement 12 – Family Outdoor Adventure
- Bear Achievement 15 – Games, Games, Games!
- Bear Achievement 16 – Building Muscles
- Bear Achievement 23 – Sports, Sports, Sports
- Bear Elective 18 – Backyard Gym