The Cub Scout core value for the month of April is Faith . BSA has a Cub Scout pack meeting plan called Soaring the Skies related to this core value. The Soaring the Skies meeting plan features ideas for the core value of faith – games, group activities, songs, and more.
For more ideas for use with this program theme, see my Soaring the Skies page.
The core value of faith should still be the focus for the month. Here is how the BSA plan suggests tying together this theme with April’s core value of faith:
Faith is having inner strength and confidence based on your trust in a higher power. When you try something new, innovative, or dangerous, it takes faith to make the attempt—faith that a higher power will guide you and keep you safe. It takes faith when we want to fly into the soaring skies. We need faith in the pilots, co-pilots, the engine and electrical system, the compass, and all of the airplane’s instruments. More importantly, it is faith that gives you the courage to board a plane, knowing that a higher power will make sure you take off, fly to your destination, and land safely. This month’s theme reminds us that faith helps us reach for the sky with our goals and that we should keep faith in all aspects of our lives.
April Pack Meeting Plan – Soaring the Skies (Faith)
This Cub Scout pack meeting plan includes the following – all within a faith theme. See the meeting plan for details.
- Gathering activity – Paper airplane landings
- Opening ceremony – The Airplane Skit
- Guided by a Higher Power Prayer
- Run-ons: Pilot and Time, Study on an Airplane, Four Wheels and Flies, Horse Fly, Elephant Trunk
- Fly So High Song (sung to the tune of Row, Row, Row Your Boat)
- Activity – Den demonstrations
- Military pilot demonstration (if available)
- Leap of Faith recognition ceremony
- Reach for the Sky Cubmaster Minute
- Taps Closing Ceremony
- Decoration and refreshment ideas