The Cub Scout core value for the month of March is Compassion. BSA has a Cub Scout pack meeting plan called Pet Pals related to this core value. The Pet Pals meeting plan features ideas for the core value of compassion- games, group activities, songs, and more.
For more ideas for use with this program theme, see the Pet Pals page.
The core value of compassion should still be the focus for the month. Here is how the BSA plan suggests tying together this theme with March’s core value of compassion:
Compassion is having care and concern for the well-being of others. Others do not have to be people. This month we focus on having compassion for animals, especially our pets.
Cub Scout Pack Meeting Plan for March- Pet Pals (Compassion)
This Cub Scout pack meeting plan includes the following – all within a compassion theme. See the meeting plan for details.
- Gathering activity – Pet Bingo
- Opening ceremony – “Always Do Your Best” Opening Ceremony
- Compassion Prayer
- Pet run-ons
- Welcome Song (sung to the tune of London Bridge)
- Wonder Dog audience participation
- Activity – Animal rescue speaker
- Service project – pet supply drive
- Rescue Dog recognition ceremony
- Fellow Creatures Cubmaster Minute
- Pet Friends Closing Ceremony