This meeting plan covers all of the requirements for the Marbles belt loop for the Cub Scout Academics and Sports Program. I am going to use this den meeting plan to help my Webelos earn their Sportsman activity badge, but it makes a fun den meeting at any of the age levels for Cub Scouts.
I have included some basic rules for Ringer. There are house rules and other variations which can be added. The rules I use are very simple rules to make it easy for Cub Scouts to learn the game. Traditionally, there are two players, but you can let up to six beginners play together.
Printable copy of Den Meeting Plan for Marbles Belt Loop (includes timeline)
Den Meeting Plan
Your will need to gather these materials beforehand:
- US flag for flag ceremony
- Enough marbles (including shooters) that your group can all play a game at the same time.
- Chalk to draw circles on ground for Ringer or (if playing indoors) old sheets or tarps with circles drawn on them
- Printouts of rules and skills for game
- Practice lagging (see Simple Rules for Ringer )
- Continue practicing shooting skills. They can do more lagging and they can practice shooting at marbles
- Review Marbles Terminology and Simple Rules for Ringer
- Play a game of Ringer
- Hand out awards and recognitions
- Do announcements for upcoming den and pack events