Here’s another recipe for those who are looking for some variety when making foil packets. Pizza flavors come through in these beef and potato based hobo meals.
Don’t put the cheese on until they are finished cooking or it will burn.
Pizza Burger Packets
4 ground beef burgers or cube steaks
4 small potatoes, sliced
1 onion, sliced
2 green peppers, sliced
salt and pepper – to taste
1 cup pizza sauce
4 slices mozzarella cheese
1. Prepare your charcoal fire.
2. Prepare the foil for four foil packs. (See below).
3. Place one burger, some potatoes, some onions, and some peppers in each pack.
4. Salt and pepper to taste
5. Place ¼ cup of pizza sauce in each pack.
6. Seal and cook.
7. Open and place one piece of mozzarella cheese on each pack.
8. Let the cheese melt and then enjoy.
For instructions for sealing and cooking the pack, see How to Make a Foil Pack (Hobo) Meal