The Cub Scout core value for the month of November is Citizenship. BSA has a Cub Scout pack meeting plan called Your Vote Counts related to this core value. The Your Vote Counts meeting plan features ideas for the core value of citizenship – games, group activities, songs, and more.
For more ideas for use with this program theme, see the Your Vote Counts page.
The core value of Citizenship should still be the focus for the month. Here is how the BSA plan suggests tying together this theme with November’s core value of Citizenship:
Patriotism is an important part of good citizenship. Patriotism is love of and loyalty to our country. It involves honoring the democratic ideals on which this country is based and respecting and obeying its laws. It also involves accepting the responsibilities of good citizenship, such as staying informed about national issues, voting, and volunteering. We don’t often think about teaching our Cub Scouts about voting because of their age and the fact that it will be many years before they can vote. We can, however, explain the importance of voting. If we mentor them by our actions, then the responsibility of good citizenship by voting will become more meaningful as they grow
Cub Scout Pack Meeting Plan for November - Your Vote Counts (Citizenship)
This Cub Scout pack meeting plan includes the following – all within a citizenship theme. See the meeting plan for details.
- Gathering activity – Snack choice voting booth
- Opening ceremony – “Good Citizen” Opening Ceremony
- Citizenship Prayer
- Constitution cheer, America cheer, Blue and Gold cheer, Eagle cheer
Liberty Bell, Eagle, Founding Fathers game (a variation of Rock, Paper, Scissors)
- Stars and Stripes Sticks Game
- Song - The Star-Spangled Banner
- Activity – Den Demonstrations, Preamble to the Constitution in sign language
- Constitution, Recognition Ceremony
- America Promises Cubmaster Minute
- “I Will Use” Closing Ceremony