The Cub Scout core value for the month of January is Positive Attitude. BSA has a Cub Scout pack meeting plan called Lights, Camera, Action related to this core value. The Lights, Camera, Action meeting plan features ideas for the core value of positive attitude – games, group activities, songs, and more while Cub Scouts take center stage.
For more ideas for use with this program theme, see my Lights, Camera, Action! page.
The core value of Positive Attitude should still be the focus for the month. Here is how the BSA plan suggests tying together this theme with January’s core value of Positive Attitude:
Why Lights! Camera! Action! for the Core Value Positive Attitude. Let the spotlight shine on our Cub Scouts. Our Scouts spend many hours in front of the television set. Let’s put that to good use this month, and use it to promote positive values and a positive attitude. Create a very special red carpet event at this pack meeting, and every Cub Scout will feel like a star.
Cub Scout Pack Meeting Plan for January: Lights, Camera, Action (Positive Attitude)
This Cub Scout pack meeting plan includes the following – all within a respect theme. See the meeting plan for details.
- Gathering activity – Red Carpet Interviews
- Opening ceremony – “Be the Best at Whatever You Are” Opening Ceremony
- Jungle Book Icebreaker
- Astronaut Cheer, Tony the Tiger Cheer
- Circle Applause, Barbeque Applause
- Fortunately, Unfortunately Skit (Audience Participation)
- Song – Cub Scouts Shine (To the tune of Three Blind Mice)
- Activity – Den Skits
- Awards Show Recognition Ceremony
- “Shining Star” Cubmaster Minute