On a recent campout, I made a this dump cake style Lemon Berry Dutch Oven Cobbler. This cobbler recipe is lighter than some of the other ones I make which have a lot of butter. In fact, I had diet 7Up on hand instead of regular, so I used that, making this a fairly low calorie dessert.
It got rave reviews from the other Scouters. The Dutch oven was empty pretty quickly.
Lemon Berry Dutch Oven Cobbler Recipe
- Dutch oven
- Aluminum foil
- Charcoal – 25 briquettes
- Serving spoon
- 1 package frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1 package frozen blackberries, thawed
- 1 box lemon cake mix
- 1 can lemon lime soda
- Prepare your charcoal briquettes.
- Line the Dutch oven with foil
- Sprinkle the berries on the bottom of the oven.
- Dump the lemon cake mix on top of the berries.
- Pour the soda over the cake mix. DO NOT STIR!
- Put 8 briquettes under the oven and 17 on the lid.
- Cook for about 30 to 40 minutes.