Cub Scouts love to cook. They might need some help peeling and cutting the apples for this recipe, but they should be able to handle the rest of it with supervision. And they will love getting their fingers messy making the crumb topping.
- Apple peeler
- Cutting board
- Measuring spoons and cups
- Square baking pan (8×8 or 9×9)
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 6 apples
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup flour
- ½ cup butter or margarine (1 stick)
- Wash your hands.
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Spray the pan with the nonstick cooking spray.
- Peel the apples and slice them.
- Put the apples in the pan.
- Add the water to the pan.
- Sprinkle the apples with the cinnamon and apple juice.
- Put the flour and brown sugar in the bowl.
- Slice the butter and add it to the bowl.
- Use your fingers to crumble the butter into the flour and sugar. Work quickly so the butter doesn’t melt. It should be crumbly.
- Sprinkle the crumb mixture over the apples.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve warm.