This is a nice recipe to make in the fall when fresh apples from local orchards are readily available. I’ve made these several times with Cub Scouts and they always enjoy them.
Hopefully I made the instructions clear enough. When assembled, this should look like two lips (the red sides of the apples) with two teeth (the marshmallows).
- Cutting board
- Knife for cutting apples
- Knife for spreading peanut butter
- 2 red apples
- peanut butter (or substitute caramel spread)
- 16 miniature marshmallows
- Cut apples into 8 wedges each
- Spread two wedges with peanut butter on the cut sides
- Put the peanut buttered sides together with two marshmallows stuck in the middle.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
Makes 8 Apple Smiles