The core value for the month of April is Faith. BSA has just released a Cub Scout pack meeting plan called Cub Scouts Give Thanks related to this core value. For more ideas for use with this theme, see my Cub Scouts Give Thanks program theme page.
The core value of Faith should still be the focus for the month. Here is how the BSA plan suggests tying together this theme with April’s core value of Faith.
In springtime we give thanks for the gift of the renewal of the natural world around us—the birds returning, seeds sprouting, daylight becoming longer each day, our friends and our family. We have faith that the world around us is renewed each year. Giving thanks is an expression of our having inner strength and confidence based on our trust in a higher power.
This meeting plan seems a little lighter on activities than the other plans, so if it doesn’t seem like you will have enough to fill your meeting, see the list on the upper right for some more ideas. This Cub Scout pack meeting plan includes the following – all within a faith theme. See the meeting plan for details.
- Gathering activity – similar to the Thankfulness Zone Cub Scout Gathering Activity I posted last month
- Opening ceremony – Faith
- A prayer of thanksgiving
- Song – Cub Scouts True (To the tune of Three Blind Mice)
- Applauses – Good Turn Applause and Heart and Sole Applause
- Activity – Den Demonstrations
- Special Gift recognition ceremony
- A Faith Cubmaster Minute
- A Thank You for Having Faith in Me closing ceremony