As I mentioned last week, our Pack worked on the Nutrition belt loop at our March Pack Meeting. One of the kid’s aunts, who is a nutritionist, came in and did some activities and made some healthy dishes with the Cub Scouts. One of the recipes she made with them was this fruit and yogurt parfait recipe.
The Cub Scouts enjoyed making the parfaits, especially since they had some control over what they put in their own parfait.
Fruit and Yogurt Parfait Recipe
- 2 cups vanilla fat-free yogurt
- 2 cups low-fat granola
- 2 cups fresh or canned fruit – raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, bananas, peaches, cherries
- Line up 4 parfait glasses or other tall glasses.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of yogurt into each glass.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of granola over yogurt.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of fruit over granola.
- Repeat layers until parfait is the size you want it.
Makes 4 to 8 servings, depending on the size