BSA provides Cub Scout Pack meeting plans for each month’s core value. The core value for the month of March is Compassion. BSA has just released a Cub Scout pack meeting plan called Planting Seeds of Kindness. For more ideas for use with this theme, see my Planting Seeds of Kindness Program Theme for Cub Scouts page.
The core value of Compassion should still be the focus for the month. Here is how the BSA plan suggests tying together this theme with March’s core value of Compassion.
Compassion means being kind and considerate of others. It is having patience and a generous heart. It is showing genuine concern by our thoughts, words, and deeds to people, animals, our environment, and our community. Cub Scouts can develop an understanding of the concept of kindness by understanding
how a tiny seed can grow into food that we eat or a flower for all to enjoy. By “planting” and “growing” small areas of kindness in our thoughts, words, and deed, we share the goodness in our hearts in hopes that those who experience it will then share kindness with others and keep it growing.
This meeting plan includes the following – all within a compassion theme. See the meeting plan for details.
- Gathering activities – Instructions for making seed packets or a book drive
- Opening ceremony – Compassion
- A prayer about caring
- Song – I Love That Word “Hello” (To the tune of Auld Lang Syne)
- Cheers – It’s a Snap Cheer and Good Turn Cheer
- Game – Getting Our Heads Together
- A Cub Scout Seedling recognition ceremony
- A Like an Acorn Arrow of Light ceremony
- A Compassion Cubmaster Minute
- A Cub Scout Garden of Thoughts closing ceremony