Ahoy there me hearties! Today is International Talk Like a Pirate Day. So in honor of the occasion, I have a pirate game.
And here are some tips if you want to talk like a pirate while playing:
- Slur your words together
- Use “yer” or “ya” instead of “your”
- Use lots of pirate slang
- Make plenty of gestures
- Substitute “me” for “my”
Pirate Pick Up
• Plastic drink cups (one per player)
• Candy canes (one per player)
• Bag of regular sized pretzels
• Large bowl
Punch a hole in the bottom of each cup and put a candy cane in it to make a “hook”.
1. Put the pretzels in the bowl.
2. Give each player a “hook”
3. See how many pretzels they can get out of the bowl with their hooks.
4. The player with the most pretzels wins.
This can also be turned into a relay.