BSA provides Cub Scout Pack meeting plans for each month’s core value. The core value for the month of February is Resourcefulness. A February supplemental meeting plan theme called Turn Back the Clock has recently been posted to the BSA website. For more ideas for use with this theme, see my Turn Back the Clock Program Theme for Cub Scouts page.
The core value should still be the focus for the month, but the new theme based Pack meetings provide a new ways to present the ideas. Here is how the BSA plan suggests tying together this history based theme with February’s core value of Resourcefulness.
When you look back in time, it is easy to find many examples of resourcefulness, using human and other resources to their fullest. Whether it is the Ice Age, the Wild West, the Space Age, or the 1950s, each time period had people with goals who used the resources available to them to make their lives better.
Since this is the February theme, it assumes that your Pack meeting will be your annual Pack Blue and Gold banquet.
This meeting plan includes the following – all within a resourcefulness theme. See the meeting plan for details.
- Gathering activities – A word search which can also double as a place mat
- Opening ceremony – Resourcefulness
- A prayer for your banquet
- Song – We Are a Cub Scout Pack (To the tune of Hickory Dickory Dock)
- Ideas for den skits
- Audience participation – putting together phrases to make up a story, a little bit like Mad Libs
- A Turn Back the Clock recognition ceremony
- A Resourcefulness Cubmaster Minute
- A simple closing ceremony